And…. another 11 songs for you!
- Roar by Katy Perry Rumor has it that this song is one she made after her divorce from Russell Brandt. Maybe it was coincidence. Maybe she really did sing a “Fuck You” song. I say, “Good for you! And good for all of us who are taking our power back and not listening to a cheating husband anymore!” I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath. Scared to rock the boat and make a mess. So I sit quietly, agree politely. I guess that I forgot I had a choice. I let you push me past the breaking point. I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything. You held me down but I got up. Already brushing off the dust. You hear my voice, you hear that sound. Like thunder gonna shake the ground. You held me down but I got up. Get ready ‘cause I’ve had enough. I see it all, I see it now. I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire. ‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar. Louder, louder than a lion. ‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar.
- Stop Cheatin’ On Me by Kellie Pickler I couldn’t resist. I envision myself singing along to this in a large room filled with people who matter to Cousinfucker. Saving face is extremely important to him. They would both be there. Captive audience. I take the microphone and say: I’d like to dedicate this to my husband. And then right before the chorus I ad lib his name: Cousinfucker, Stop cheatin’ on me. It ain’t that hard to do.
Kelly Clarkson has the next two songs on the list. I listen to these two songs with the radio blasting! I want to note that I do really like “Walkaway” as well, but it didn’t seem to be as much about a cheater or revenge, just that she needed a man, not a boy, and wasn’t going to put up with his indecision. But, there are songs on this list that aren’t necessarily in those categories so I can see myself eventually putting it on my list.
3. Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson But since U been gone I can breathe for the first time. I’m so moving on. Yeah, yeah. Thanks to you now I get what I want. Since U been gone. You had your chance you blew it. Out of sight, out of mind. Shut your mouth I just can’t take it. 4. Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) again by Kelly Clarkson I have blasted this song on my radio way too many times to count. So very many of the lyrics resonate with me, but the one line I keep reminding myself of is this: You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning. That can sometimes be so hard to keep in mind, especially when you’re not a 20-something music superstar. Or you’re just not young anymore. Or you’re not thin anymore. Or you have two teenagers. Or, or, or…. But this is going to be my new beginning. And just for shits and giggles, this is dedicated to you, CF: You know the bed feels warmer sleeping here alone. You know I dream in color and do the things I want. You think you got the best of me, think you got the last laugh. Bet you think that everything good is gone. Think you left me broken down. Think that I’d come running back. Baby you don’t know me, cause you’re dead wrong…. You didn’t think that I’d come back, I’d come back swinging. You try to break me but you see What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller. Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone. What doesn’t kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter. Doesn’t mean I’m over cause you’re gone. SUCK IT!
5. I by Kendrick Lamar If you read through all of the lyrics this might not be the best song ever but I do love the chorus where he belts out over and over again: I love myself! I just keep telling myself that.
The next two songs are by Kimberly Caldwell; I love her voice and I really appreciate these two songs.
6. Hotter Without You This song is all about getting out of a bad relationship. Call it a marriage and put me down for almost 21 years and we could be twins! You held me down. You made me look like a different person. Oh yeah. Definitely. ‘Cause baby I’m so much hotter without you now that we’re done. It feels so good to breathe and know that I can do what I want. I’m better off tonight ‘cause I’m alive and fine and in the end I don’t care ‘cause I know I’m hotter without you. I thought it’d be hard. I thought it’d take long. I’m so over it. Thanks to you I found the best of me now that we are history, and I am free from all your lies. So guess who’s laughing now. You’re on your own. 7. Going Going Gone Another one that’s not taking any shit: If you needed more love then you should of just spoke up. Instead of posing, making me think everything was fine…. But this time I really mean it, I’m done… Don’t blink if you’re looking for me ‘cause I’m going going gone this time, yeah. Don’t think you can do this to me. There’s no more deceiving, this time I’m leaving. I’m gone. Yep, you got a second chance, CF, and you blew it!
8. Unbreakable by Laurell This is a new discovery. You tossed me aside right outta your mind . Your love was a lie, such a waste of time. You can leave with your heart but you ain’t takin’ mine. Might hurt but I’ll be just fine. Moving on. Moving On. Getting Strong. Getting Stronger. Nothing wrong. Nothing Wrong. Ain’t Lookin’ Back Cause I’ve been down and out. And I’ve been thrown away. Felt the darkness of doubt but I know I’ll see another day. Well I walked through the fire. I’ve been burned to the ground. But watcha got here is a fighter. And you’re never gonna stop me now. I’m unbreakable… Well I’ma stand tall Just like a brick wall Ain’t no porcelain doll So bring on the wrecking ball. Give it your all. You won’t see me fall. I’m unbreakable.
Lily Allen sings the next two songs. What can I say? I love her potty mouth. She’s not afraid to speak her mind. You always know exactly where you stand with her.
9. Fuck You This has a delightful melody. It’s not about cheating but the sentiment remains the same. Fuck you! Fuck you very very much. Cause we hate what you do and we hate your whole crew. So please don’t stay in touch. Fuck you! Fuck you very very much. Cause your words don’t translate and it’s getting quite late. So please don’t stay in touch. That is exactly how I feel about Cousinfucker and his whole messed up family. 10. Smile I am so hoping I get to sing this about him and Harley. At first when I see you cry It makes me smile Yeah it makes me smile At worst I feel bad for a while But then I just smile I go ahead and smile.
11. Unapologetic Bitch by Madonna I discovered this song only a few days ago. As you might imagine it’s quite sassy. In my more confident days this is how I feel. Woke up this morning feeling good that you were gone . Hurt for a while, but I’m finally moving on. Hell ya I am! It almost killed me, but I’m better off alone. True story. Everyone tells me that. I think my favorite line though is: You know you never really knew how much your selfish bullshit cost me. Well fuck you. And that, folks, is the moral of the story.