We are almost to the end, my friends. I hope you’ve found some good music along this journey. I know it’s a random assortment of songs- hard rock, Connie Francis, country, pop… A little something for everyone, I suppose.
- Bye Bye Bye by ‘NSync. I was never the biggest boy band fan. I don’t think I even realized how popular this song was when it first came out. I’m going to blame it on having a baby and succumbing to the allure of The Wiggles. I was all- mashed potato, mashed potato and they were all- bye bye bye! But recently I heard it and I think it fits on my list. It’s fun, it’s catchy, and hey, you can dance to it! No lyrics needed; the title says it all. Bye, bye, bye!
- Wish You the Worst by O’Shea There is another song by Katy Perry with this exact title. I’ve listened to it on YouTube but I can’t find the song on iTunes. However, when I put the title into the search function this one by O’Shea came up. It’s actually very similar to the one Katy Perry sings. Let me be the first to wish you the worst. I hope the both of you never make it to happily ever after. All the lies you told, I hope you get what you deserve. Let me be the first to wish you the worst. My sentiments exactly. May the both of you get exactly what you deserve! The chorus in Katy’s version goes like this: Let me be the first to wish you the worst ‘Cause I think you deserve each other. Let me be the curse That creeps under your skin Until your heart caves in And you wish she was me.
I love me some P!nk.
3. F**kin’ Perfect I picked this first song to remind myself of my worth. Pretty, pretty please, don’t you ever, ever feel Like you’re less than fucking perfect. I do remind myself of this. He may not have seen my true worth but I do. 4. So What A perfect “Fuck You” song: So, so what? I’m still a rock star, I got my rock moves, And I don’t need you, And guess what, I’m having more fun, And now that we’re done, I’m gonna show you tonight, I’m alright, I’m just fine, And you’re a tool, So, so what, I am a rock star, I got my rock moves, And I don’t want you tonight. 5. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) As she says: I think I’ve finally had enough. Yep, being moved thousands of miles away after forgiving you for your first emotional affair with the whore, tearing our kids’ lives apart, and then finding out you’re fucking the whore and giving her all of our money will do that to a person. It was actually a pretty quick decision. And as a little warning: You will pay for your sins, you’ll be sorry my dear All the lies, all the why’s, will all be crystal clear.
6. Blame It On Your Heart by Patty Loveless Going back to the 90s for this one! I told you those country women aren’t taking it anymore! As Patty sings: Are you headed for a heartache, oh yeah. Gonna get a bad break, oh yeah. You made a bad mistake, oh yeah. Well, you’re never gonna find another love like mine. Someone’s gonna do you like you done me honey And when she does you like she’ll do you, it ain’t funny You need some sympathy But don’t be calling me Hey blame it on your lying, cheating, cold deadbeating, two-timing, double-dealing mean mistreating loving heart 7. You Will also by Patty Loveless This song isn’t completely on point here but I do love the implications: When you know, and you will, it wasn’t meant to be. When she walks, and she will, you’re gonna come to me. When she lies and she will. When all is said and done. When you cry and you will, you’re gonna wanna run… When you hurt, you will. Who’s gonna sympathize? Well, she won’t. But I will… Ah, see that’s where she loses me. Because I will not sympathize. I’ll be sitting in a comfy chair with a big bowl of popcorn and a vodka and cranberry, laughing my ass off and reminding him to keep his insurance policy up to date if he’s going to kill himself. All topped off with a big ol’, “I told you so!” 8. Girlfriend by Pebbles Nothing like one of your girlfriends telling you to get out, that he’s not worth the misery and pain. Girlfriend, how could you let him treat you so bad? Girlfriend, you know you are the best he ever had.
9. I Don’t Care Anymore by Phil Collins Another Fuck You song. Nothing is better than letting your cheating, lying douchebag know that you just don’t care anymore. There is nothing left. I don’t care what you say. I never did believe you much anyway. I won’t be there no more so get out of my way. Let me by I got better things to do with my time. I don’t care anymore. 10. She’s a Whore byThe Poxy Boggards Need I say more? I simply love hearing the refrain of: She’s a whore, yes, a whore. A lass of myth and lore. A pontifex of oral sex, She’ll ride ya ‘til you’re sore. She’s a whore, yes a whore. She is dear to fleet and corps. Her legs are splayed, we’ll all get laid by the whore that we adore.