Here it is- the final songs from my Freedom song list. Enjoy!
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten This is a perfect empowerment song. It could be about anything and any obstacle. I think the chorus is perfect: This is my fight song. Take back my life song. Prove I’m alright song. My power’s turned on Starting Right now I’ll be strong. I’ll play my fight song And I don’t really care if nobody else believes ‘Cause I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me. Take that, CF! You can’t break me. You won’t destroy me. I’ve got lots of fight left and lots of life left!
- Take It Back by Reba McEntire Oh, good ol’ fiery Reba! If this is how you act when you give your heart away then take it back! Tell him, Reba!
- Brave by Sara Bareilles She sings, “I wanna see you be brave.” I reply, “I am doing my best.”
- I’ve Done Everything For You by Rick Springfield I had such a huge crush on this man back when I was in grade school. But Rick knows what’s up. He knows you can’t have a one-sided relationship! I’ve done everything for you. You’ve doing nothing for me! Rick, I hear ya. I’ve lived it. I’m solidly in your corner. I did everything shy of wiping his ass for him. He fucked his cousin for me. Thanks!
- Slut by Scotty Vanity Another one I enjoyed playing while CF is home. I just wanted him to know what he’s got. I think this sums it up: Everywhere she goes she’s in skanky ass clothes. Everybody knows she’s a slut. That hoe ain’t got no class. All the guys just want some ass. They don’t even have to ask ‘cause she’s a slut. Look at how she moves her body so promiscuous and naughty. She’s a slut. She’s a slut. She keeps acting like a tramp. I guess she doesn’t give a damn ‘cause she’s a slut. She’s a slut. S.L.U.T. S.L.U.T. Why does she have to be such an S.L.U.T. S.L.U.T. She’s a slut. She’s acting like she all but she’s just a booty call.
- You’re a Lie by Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators You may have guessed this already with the first song on this list being by Alice Cooper but in my high school and college days I loved me a good head banging song. I was a huge Guns -N-Roses fan. This one has Slash playing guitar. I think the title pretty much sums up my ex: You’re a Lie. You bled me out, you tore me down Your time has come, you can go ‘Cause you’re a lie (lie) lie (lie) All my faith has been wasted (wasted) ‘Cause you’re a lie (lie), lie (lie). Mmm hmmm. Seems about right.
Reaching way back, Tanya Tucker sings the next two songs. Country music seems to be full of cheating and empowering songs. Perhaps that’s because it’s been said that country music always involves drinking, women, and cheating. Hmmm…
7. Walking Shoes These are probably two of the first country songs I heard where the woman wasn’t begging her man to stay. They definitely made an impression! As she sings: I’m gonna put on my walkin’ shoes tonight. Well I’m a-leavin’ here ‘cause you don’t treat me right. All you do is make me cry So now I’m a-gonna say goodbye. I’m gonna put on my walkin’ shoes tonight… I’m the best thing, baby, that you ever had. When you find that out you’re gonna feel so bad. You’ll beg me, please, come back home to you But it’s too late I’m puttin’ on my walkin’ shoes. She also has an old travelin’ hat and an all over coat. It’s a full wardrobe of “I’m outta here!” 8. Down to My Last Teardrop Baby this ain’t the first time you’ve done it to me. Honey it’s gonna be the last time. And I know you think that I’ll be goin’ out of my mind Crying you a river that winds and winds and winds Oh but baby I’m down to my last teardrop this time. I don’t care who or what you’re doin’. Ain’t gonna be no more boohooin’. Baby this time I swear it’s the truth I ain’t gonna cry no more for you. Uh-uh…. And you might want to talk to me, you might want to call. But you won’t hear nothin’ out of me at all Cause baby I ain’t got nothin’ left to say Honey I’ll just be on my way. My sentiments exactly, Tanya!
9. 50 Ways to Say Goodbye by Train This is a fun, quirky little song. He’s not actually plotting her death; he just has a lot of bizarre explanations for where she is, and all of those explanations involve untimely deaths instead of simply saying she broke up with him. I do, however, like to imagine all of those things happening to CF. Let’s see we’ve got: went down in an airplane (this is a possibility; he does travel occasionally- fingers crossed!), fried getting suntanned (I don’t see that happening with him), fell in a cement mixer full of quicksand, met a shark under water, fell and no one caught him, caught in a mudslide, eaten by a lion (oh please, please, please!!!!), got run over by a crappy purple Scion, dried up in the desert, drowned in a hot tub, and danced to death at an east side night club (not in a million years). We could add drank himself to death. Drove off a mountain returning from the whore’s house. Trampled by Louisville fans. Oh, the list is endless. Honestly, I don’t pray for his death. It’s not that I’m nice when it comes to him. I’m practical. Dead men don’t pay spousal or child support. 10. One More Minute by Weird Al Yankovic Hey, we all need a little comedy in our life. Al’s humor is a little dark on this one; I’m not going to lie. These are just a few of the things he says he would rather do than spend one more minute with you: eat shards of broken glass, get a hundred thousand paper cuts on his face, rip out his intestines with a fork, have his blood sucked out by leeches, shove an ice pick under a toenail or two, clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with his tongue, and finally… rip his heart out of his ribcage with his bare hands and then throw it on the floor and stomp on it ’til he dies.