Isn’t this what everyone looks for on an infidelity blog? I told you in the beginning this could be many things and recipes might be one of those things.
I love Jamie Cooks It Up. I have made very few things from her site that haven’t been absolutely amazing. Today I am going to share her recipe for French Dip sandwiches and let me tell you, this is the best French Dip I have ever eaten.
3-4 lb. beef roast
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt & Pepper
(2) 1 oz. packages Lipton Onion Soup mix (in other words, a box)
4 cups hot water
2 beef bouillon cubes (or 2 tsp. beef bouillon granules)
Rolls (she recommends something crusty and hearty)
Swiss, Mozzarella, or Provolone cheese
- Heat a large skillet and add your olive oil. Or, if you have a Ninja crockpot use the stovetop function on it.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper and sear the meat on all sides.
- Place the roast in your crockpot. Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top.
- Heat water and dissolve the beef bouillon in it (you could also use 4 cups of beef broth instead). Pour the bouillon over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred the meat and place back in the crockpot for the last hour of cooking.
- Butter your rolls and heat them. She recommends a griddle; I stick mine in the oven for about 5-10 minutes with the cheese on them.
- Add your meat and ladle out the juice into small dishes for dipping.
Seriously- the best French Dip I’ve ever eaten. Try this one soon.