I realize this is a perverse pleasure, and perhaps it shouldn’t be. But…. not long ago she posted a recipe for sausage balls on her page with a plea to her husband to please, please, please make these. Oh yes, these were the sausage balls my father-in-law was willing to come to her house for. I made them yesterday and my husband loves them. He ate them all day yesterday, and he’s been snacking on them tonight. As I said, maybe I shouldn’t take pleasure in that, but for some reason I do.
Editor’s Note: I thought I might have a little fun with this. Here are my newly christened Cousinfucking Sausage Balls, or 3-Cheese Sausage Balls… So good they make you wanna fuck your cousin. Enjoy (they really are tasty)!
1 lb. roll of breakfast sausage, hot or mild
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
dash of garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Cajun seasoning (like Tony Cachere’s) optional
dash of Tabsasco sauce optional
1. Mix uncooked sausage and cream cheese; then mix in all of the other ingredients until well blended.
2. Roll into 1” balls about the size of a small walnut.
3. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray or use nonstick Reynolds Wrap.
4. Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Don’t overcook!
5. Remove and serve. They taste best fresh out of the oven; however, as told above CF liked them even cold. You choose.
P.S. You can just call them 3-Cheese Sausage Balls if someone asks you for the recipe.