This chicken recipe is yummy, effortless, and very versatile. It’s also another one of my favorites and a frequent go-to meal. I use my crockpot but I’ll give you oven directions, too. I believe this one is from Jamie Cooks It Up but there are many different versions out there.
4-6 chicken breasts
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup (can also substitute cream of chicken or cream of broccoli)
1 can of milk
1 box Stove Top Stuffing mix (chicken flavor is preferred)
1/4 cup of melted butter
- Spray the inside of your crockpot (or a 9×13 baking dish if you are baking it).
- Lay your chicken on the bottom and cover with cheese.
- Mix the soup and milk and then pour over the chicken.
- Add the box of stuffing and drizzle with butter.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. Turn the lid sideways for the last 30 minutes of cooking to prevent your stuffing from getting soggy.
- If cooking in the oven, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 7-10 minutes more.
Chef’s Notes: 1. I love this recipe with the cream of broccoli soup. If you’re really adventurous you can add some frozen broccoli in with the soup and milk mixture and spread it over the chicken breasts. 2. Also, feel free to use a different type of cheese if you prefer. You could even throw in different vegetables if you’re into that sort of thing. 3. In her directions, Jamie says to pound the chicken breasts flat. I don’t do that and the chicken is still juicy and fully cooked. 4. Finally, if you’re watching calories Jamie over on Jamie Cooks It Up uses a butter flavored cooking spray to lightly spray the stuffing instead of drizzling butter over it.