Are you ready for more of his outrageous behavior? Sadly, quite a bit of it demonstrates how incredibly stupid I was. Always acquiescing. Always striving to be the perfect wife. Sam, you were an idiot. Now, to continue on with the Airing of Grievances!
- Waaaaay back in the beginning of our marriage (probably year 3 or 4) when we were both working he told me one time that the reason I had to do all the housecleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. was because he made more money than I did. Apparently my household chores balanced it all out. Btw, at the time he made about twice what I did but our salaries were low enough that he still only had me by about $20,000/year. That’s a lot of dishes to do and laundry to fold in order to keep up with the Almighty CF!
- He wanted to me stay home with him when he was sick and I was working. It turned out he really was very sick; he had a staph infection in his bloodstream. At the time, though, we both thought it was a simple bug and yet he was offended that I wouldn’t call in to work and take the day off. I had one week of vacation time! That was it for the entire year. My own mother upon her divorce no longer stayed at home with us when we were sick as children. Lay on the couch; here’s a bucket. Call me if you need me but only if you really need me. Yet this big baby wanted me to sit at home with him and tend to his every need. Folks, this was not in my color wheel; I had never seen anything like that before. Dropping everything to tend to a grown ass man. It probably explains why I never questioned him leaving me alone whenever I had a medical issue (you know, like a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy, numerous painful tests….). He ended up calling me at work to tell me he had fainted and I had to leave anyway. Big fucking baby! And lest anyone think I’m being too hard on him even though his illness was serious all that happened was he went to the doctor’s (I drove him, of course) and they prescribed antibiotics! Even they didn’t know it was serious until the blood tests came back!
- Again, way back in the early stages of our marriage he complained about me being on the phone in the evening when he was home. He didn’t understand why I couldn’t make my phone calls and talk to friends and family during the day while he was at work. Of course I began making my phone calls during the day and staying off the phone in the evenings. At this point I can’t even remember if I was working at the time he made his asinine request. Not that it matters because I’m pretty sure the people I would have called to talk to actually WERE working during the day. Just like him!
- My first miscarriage I discovered when I wiped and found lots of bright blood. I called him almost hysterical and he did meet me at the office where I had an ultrasound done. Then he went back to work and I went home to bleed. Yes, once again, when he’s sick everyone must drop everything and be at his beck and call. I have a miscarriage and it’s business as usual, even with my stupid dog barking at me for no reason and me sobbing on the kitchen floor. Nah, I didn’t need any support. I was good.
- When I went in for my endometrial biopsy and my HSG he was nowhere to be found. I don’t think I even bothered to ask him to come with me. Again, because I was a big girl and not a whiny little pussy. I had this handled.
- He couldn’t be bothered to leave work to come be with me after they finally found the ectopic pregnancy in my fallopian tube. Yep, he gets a cold and everyone needs to be on high alert. They find an ectopic pregnancy in my fallopian tube which could rupture and send me into emergency surgery… eh, that’s no big deal. You can handle that shit on your own! No, he had a very important meeting with a client and he couldn’t abandon the meeting to be with his wife. Now if I’d had the flu maybe he could have made an exception. Oh wait! No, that’s only for him.
- When we moved to OB he told me I didn’t have to work if I didn’t want to because he made enough money now. Shortly after our move I ended up getting a part time job via the Internet. This ended up being a perfect job because it meant that I could clean the house from top to bottom, do all the shopping for the pets, the groceries, and the household items, cook dinner, do the laundry, AND when my darling husband came home at lunch I could stop everything I was doing to make lunch for him and watch t.v. with him (or have sex with him) plus I brought in some money! Again, I was an idiot!
- He was a creature of habit to the point I needed to basically “ask permission” to go to bed at an earlier time when I was pregnant with our daughter. I will elaborate. He would go to bed around the same time every night; he would read before he went to sleep. This was his nighttime ritual. Apparently, I would stay up later although I don’t remember this. So, when I got pregnant and was tired and began going to bed earlier instead of staying up until 11 or later I ended up needing to tell him that I wanted to go to bed earlier so that he could “prepare” himself for this disruption in his schedule. Yes, having his wife in bed sleeping while he read a damn book apparently caused him some stress and he needed to prepare for that.
- One of the few times I’d had enough of his bullshit…. I had taken him to the ER for a migraine. That always took a few hours. On the way home I stopped at McDonald’s to grab something to eat after being at the ER for hours. He was complaining about how nauseous the smell of the fries made him. I guess I had had enough of him because I remember rolling down the window and dropping the damn fries out the window. “There! Ya feeling better?” No, I didn’t actually say that. I just rolled down the window and pitched the offending fries. Of course, he began to pout. “Why did you do that? You didn’t have to do that. I was just saying the smell made me uncomfortable. I’m sick!” Problem solved, Cousinfucker!