Because so many people come to an infidelity blog to get new recipes I am including two different pot roast recipes. Both are cooked in the crockpot and both are delicious! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
To Die For Pot Roast
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 envelope Italian dressing
2-3 pound cut of meat of your choice
1/2 cup water
- Mix the 3 envelopes of seasonings together in a bowl. Pour over the meat, which should already be in the crockpot.
- Add the water and cook on low for 6-8 hours, along with whatever vegetables you would like. I usually use small red potatoes, carrots, squash, and mushrooms.
That’s it! Wasn’t that easy?
The above recipe was my go-to recipe for pot roast for the longest time. For a change I’ll sometimes use the following recipe.
1 3 lb chuck roast
1 packet of dry Ranch dressing mix
1 packet of dry Au Jus mix
1 stick of butter
5 – 6 pepperoncini
- Place the roast in the crockpot and sprinkle with Ranch dressing mix and Au Jus mix on top.
- Top with one stick of butter cut into chunks.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If you are feeling adventurous you can remove the meat from the crockpot and cover. Then pour the remaining liquid from the crockpot into a saucepan on the stove, bring it to a boil and add a mixture of corn starch and water (or flour and water) to thicken it.
You can also choose to shred the meat and serve it with the gravy on top, or serve it in chunks. Your choice.
This recipe is equally delicious. I highly recommend both!