- I stayed at the in-law’s house without my husband. I am slowly healing that relationship. I’ve even considered becoming FB friends with her. Not quite ready to take that step but I’ve been mulling it.
- There is a song out there, not sure of the title. I think it’s “I really really really like you” by Carly Rae Jepson (?). When I first heard it it was a huge trigger! That’s the justification Zack gave for continuing his relationship with Harley. Anyway, it’s quite catchy and the last few times I’ve heard it I’ve been singing along and bopping my head to it instead of allowing it to bring back bad memories.
- I’m not currently counting down any anti-verseries. Not dwelling on what was going on at this time 2 years ago. Trying not to get distracted with any of the holidays. Also hoping that August 14th will come and go like any other ordinary day. And I’m really hoping that I don’t have a meltdown on my anniversary this year.
- As previously stated I’ve deleted most of my infidelity blogs and I don’t tend to read them every day as I used to.
- I did go check out the whore last night and downloaded some new pictures that other people had posted. But ordinarily I don’t go looking for her on FB and I haven’t been checking to see how she and my in-laws are interacting.
- I have no desire to check Zack’s phone or his email. I figure that he’s smart enough to keep it hidden pretty well and as I said before I can’t control him. If he’s determined to cheat he will. If he really thinks she’s the love of his life, his soul mate, there’s nothing I can do about it if I haven’t convinced him otherwise after almost 2 years.
- So many of the things that pissed me off earlier this year make sense now and I can accept. The whole concept of gratitude specifically. I’ve been making an effort to try to look on the bright side of things and I can understand what the authors were trying to say before. But like everything else with adultery (with anything really) you have to be ready to hear that message.
- I just feel at peace. I’m not worried about Zack and Harley. I’m not full of hate and anger. There are certain people (his nephew and Jezebel) I’m still not too happy with but I don’t dwell on it. I rarely think about them. I have put it out of my mind. Every now and then something will come up but I usually solve that by telling myself, “Nope. You’re not going to think about that now.”
Present Day Sam Says: Hey, Sam, guess what? He’s cheating on you! He’s fucking a whore and sending her money while he lies about it! Keep spackling, sweetie! I’m glad you’ve made such great progress; I think it’s swell that you are finally to the point where you are over what he did to you. Unfortunately, it’s too late because he’s doing it all over again. Sorry!