When my kids were 1 and 3 I used to attend MOPS meetings- Mothers of Preschools. I was even a part of the hospitality group that helped bring in the breakfasts we enjoyed each time we met.
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes from that time, the other one being their famous Apple French Toast. I’m saving that recipe for later!
These little beauties are called Cream Cheese Clouds and they are delicious. They are a little time consuming but well worth it.
Cream Cheese Clouds
1 can (16,3 oz.) buttermilk biscuits, refrigerated
1/2 cup sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Separate dough into 12 biscuits; press or roll to 1/4 inch thickness
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a shallow dish.
- Dip cream cheese in melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Place 1 cream cheese in center of dough circle; gather sides of dough to enclose filling and press edges of dough to seal.
- Place seam sides up in a lightly greased muffin pan.
- Drizzle any remaining butter over the “cream cheese clouds” and sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown.