I think he may be cheating again. He wasn’t very excited to see me. Maybe I’m paranoid. Maybe it was him needing to calm down after the drive. But I swear he was texting someone and he was openly lying about it, telling me it was email or Words With Friends. And just for shits and grins I debated going through his phone only I can’t find it. He’s sleeping in the recliner. I looked on the window seat which is where he normally puts it but it’s not there. I think he must have put it in his lap because I don’t see it in his hands. Why on earth would he feel the need to keep his phone from me???
I can’t read him. One minute he’s acting like he wants to get into my pants and then he pulls something like this. If he is cheating again I swear to God I will nail him. I’m finally getting to the point where I’m no longer thinking about his affair all the time and I may be right back in the thick of it.
Present Day Sam Says: Yep, he was definitely cheating. You could read him just fine, Sam; the problem is you didn’t want to face the truth.
Interesting tidbit: After the affair was revealed and everyone knew we were getting a divorce my nephew, who is slightly older than Picasso, said he knew something wasn’t right with Uncle CF. He told my mom that when he looked into his eyes he could just tell. He didn’t know what was up but he knew something was. His eyes were vacant, soulless, like a shark. He took to calling him the vile creature.
Why can’t I have a relaxing vacation? No stress? No freak outs? We had donuts for breakfast and headed to the beach for a few hours. Had lunch at one of Mom’s favorite restaurants. I texted Zack this morning to see if he was already on the road. Nope, the mechanics supposedly couldn’t get the machine working so he’s staying an extra day. Then he’s heading onto his home state. Sound familiar? I’m going to go see my mom. Of course you are! So I suck that up and tell him I’m fine with it; she’s his mom and of course it’s all fine. Next, because we’re going to go shopping I check our account balance. First, he sent another $50 to his mom. It’s not enough that he sent $500 2 days ago. Nope, need to send another $50. Oh, and I did ask him what emergency had befallen them this month. They didn’t ask for it. He just knows they’re struggling and he doesn’t think his niece and her boyfriend are going to make it and he seems like a good kid and she’s pregnant and what can he do? He can’t watch his mom struggle. So, there goes another $50 and on top of that I see a charge for $172 at Walmart in fucking Whore Town, His Home State! What.the.fuck? I flat out asked him, “What did you spend $172 on in Whore Town, Your Home State?” He tells me it must be tires for his mom. “Are you in your home state already?” He says no. He gave her the credit card information because she said there was something wrong with the new van they got. He doesn’t know why it showed as Whore Town because it was supposed to be in another town. And he’ll get the rest replaced when he’s there on Saturday. Excellent! So you’ve sent $550 in the last 2 fucking days and then you’re going to turn around and spend God only knows how much on 4 new tires. And I’m sure he’ll buy other shit as well while he’s there. If he’s not already there. I find that to be way too convenient. For all I know Harley has left her husband and is encountering money problems and he spent the damn money on her. And I hate feeling like that. Will I ever trust him when it comes to things like this? A year ago he was adoring me. I felt like he was truly gaga over me. Now I’m not so sure and I sometimes wonder if I did it to myself with the FB page. His other sister told me he was so excited about the move and felt it would be a fresh start. Then Blockhead told him about the page and how I didn’t know if I could celebrate another anniversary, how tough our anniversary is for me, how I didn’t love the gift and all those other great things. Then he went into a tailspin and things just haven’t been the same. I am beginning to wonder if this is the beginning of the end. I don’t want it to be but I’m not sure I can stop it either.
So, I retaliated with some revenge shopping. Bought Picasso a couple of shirts and a pair of tennis shoes. I bought myself a new Coach purse even though I just got a Kate Spade a few days ago. Bought one for Rock Star, too, because every 15 year old girl needs a freaking Coach purse. And wallet. It’s a little strappy thing so she can use it as a stand alone purse, too. Plus we both got some new clothes. Hey, if we can feed every fucking member of his family then I’ll buy whatever I want for myself and my kids. If we can afford over $800 in the last few days to give his mom then the sky’s the limit! And you know, it amazes me that no one ever says, “Zack, no! You’ve got a family to feed. You’ve already given us $500. We’ll be fine. We can buy our own tires.” No, once again it’s an unlimited ATM. He could give them $500 every week and they’d still come back and want more. As my mom pointed out: Wasn’t it enough when they basically stole all his money while he was fighting over in Iraq? Wasn’t it enough when he gave her a credit card in his name which almost cost us our house in OB? Nope! It’s never enough. I’m about at the point where I’m ready to suggest he just hand over his entire check to them. Or maybe he could ask them for all their bills and we can cover them and then all the money coming into them they can use to splurge on. I guess I’ll go back to Whoreville and get a job so I can afford to do things for my kids since all of our disposable income is going back to his home state. Hey, how much a month is the whore coughing up for them? Nothing? Wow- shocker! By the time this weekend is finished we will have contributed $2000 in just under 2 months. And he wants to pay their cell phone bill. Hell, why not? We’re made of money.
Maybe it’s a non-issue and he’s planning on leaving me. Maybe he’s already in his home state fucking Harley. I really don’t know. That’s the worst part. My instincts failed me so miserably 2 years ago and now I’m hyper vigilant. Why would anyone be at the Walmart in Whore Town? Why?
Present Day Sam Says: Oh, Sam, sweetie. Why would anyone be at the Walmart in Whore Town? Because he’s in his home state fucking the whore. Your instincts weren’t failing you; you just didn’t want to believe.
Another day at the beach. I can’t tell if I’m getting tan or burnt. Bubba Gump’s for lunch. It was good. Then we dropped Mom’s tv off at Best Buy, took the girls to the shopping center, and then went to the Donut Hole for donuts for tomorrow.
I’ve been having a horrible time getting ahold of Zack. He just now finally texted me back. Says he’s been busy. And now he’s off to dinner with some people from work- customers. I told him I loved him and only 3 more days til I got to see him but he said nothing. I sent him some pictures and he told me I was “so fucking hot”. I don’t know what’s going on with him. I hope everything is ok.
Oh, another highlight: Jezebel is in Florida. Spending a few days on the beach by herself supposedly and then she’s off to see her in-laws. Funny, isn’t it, that she is able to visit her in-laws on a rather consistent basis while she never has time to visit her much missed, much loved brother. Oh, and I know it’s all my fault. She can’t visit because I’m so mean and I don’t want her around. Never mind she’s only been to whatever city we’ve ever lived in 7 times in 21 years. Never mind the last time she visited us was in 2002 when Picasso was a baby. Never mind that we lived in YYY state for an additional FOUR YEARS after she last visited, so it’s not like she can say it was so far away. Never mind she never once in almost 8 years came to see us in our former state. No, it’s all because I’m so mean. Nothing at all to do with her own choices. Of course not!
Well, I’m going to try to focus on the last few days of this vacation. I need to call our pool contractor tomorrow to find out when he thinks the pool will be done so Zack can get the money wired to our account. Spend some time with my nieces and nephew and my kids. Just hang back and relax and have a good time.
- I stayed at the in-law’s house without my husband. I am slowly healing that relationship. I’ve even considered becoming FB friends with her. Not quite ready to take that step but I’ve been mulling it.
- There is a song out there, not sure of the title. I think it’s “I really really really like you” by Carly Rae Jepson (?). When I first heard it it was a huge trigger! That’s the justification Zack gave for continuing his relationship with Harley. Anyway, it’s quite catchy and the last few times I’ve heard it I’ve been singing along and bopping my head to it instead of allowing it to bring back bad memories.
- I’m not currently counting down any anti-verseries. Not dwelling on what was going on at this time 2 years ago. Trying not to get distracted with any of the holidays. Also hoping that August 14th will come and go like any other ordinary day. And I’m really hoping that I don’t have a meltdown on my anniversary this year.
- As previously stated I’ve deleted most of my infidelity blogs and I don’t tend to read them every day as I used to.
- I did go check out the whore last night and downloaded some new pictures that other people had posted. But ordinarily I don’t go looking for her on FB and I haven’t been checking to see how she and my in-laws are interacting.
- I have no desire to check Zack’s phone or his email. I figure that he’s smart enough to keep it hidden pretty well and as I said before I can’t control him. If he’s determined to cheat he will. If he really thinks she’s the love of his life, his soul mate, there’s nothing I can do about it if I haven’t convinced him otherwise after almost 2 years.
- So many of the things that pissed me off earlier this year make sense now and I can accept. The whole concept of gratitude specifically. I’ve been making an effort to try to look on the bright side of things and I can understand what the authors were trying to say before. But like everything else with adultery (with anything really) you have to be ready to hear that message.
- I just feel at peace. I’m not worried about Zack and Harley. I’m not full of hate and anger. There are certain people (his nephew and Jezebel) I’m still not too happy with but I don’t dwell on it. I rarely think about them. I have put it out of my mind. Every now and then something will come up but I usually solve that by telling myself, “Nope. You’re not going to think about that now.”
Present Day Sam Says: Hey, Sam, guess what? He’s cheating on you! He’s fucking a whore and sending her money while he lies about it! Keep spackling, sweetie! I’m glad you’ve made such great progress; I think it’s swell that you are finally to the point where you are over what he did to you. Unfortunately, it’s too late because he’s doing it all over again. Sorry!